Reporting and Analysis
The real power behind Business Intelligence is the ability to clearly share accurate, meaningful data for a given system or organization from a single reliable source. An organization’s capability to access relevant, integrated data helps empower it to make more intelligent business decisions.
Our business provides full system development lifecycle services for the following types of Reporting and Analytic Solutions:
- Query and Analysis
- Enterprise Reporting
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
PCN Strategies develops easy-to-use dashboard, query, reporting and analysis solutions to allow business users insight to the most requested items of information reliably and securely.PCN Strategies’ Reporting and Analytic solutions often consist of data mart/data warehouse, metadata, BI software, reporting, and dashboard layers.
PCN Strategies proprietary methodology, The PCN Guide, provides a structured, yet flexible approach to BI solutions by incorporating proven best practices and lessons learned from multiple successful Business Intelligence implementations. In fact, PCN Strategies PCN Guide, which includes processes, procedures, templates, and examples, was highlighted as a best practice at recent BI industry conferences.
Key PCN Guide principles include:
- Quick Time to Deliver — aim to provide clients a “Quick Win” (usually 90-120 days per phase) so users quickly realize benefits, while applying lessons learned in future phases
- User Involvement — engage the user community from project initiation and present an analytical solution they can “touch and see” early in the development lifecycle
- Allow Evolving Requirements — business users can identify many requirements, but once they realize the capabilities of the software tool, they may quickly think of additional functionality and data requirements
We also incorporate best practices and tools that differentiate us from the competition:
- Estimation Models — dynamic calculation engine that determines level of effort based upon input criteria
- Interview Best Practices — requirements gathering tool containing over 100 questions that should be asked
- Measures-to-Dimension Worksheet — requirements gathering tool for collecting data requirements
- Presentation Objects Catalog and Selection Tool — decision tree for selecting the ideal presentation object based upon input criteria